Saturday, June 2, 2012

Between Tomorrow




Somewhere sunken between our beaten path of yesterday and our treasure chest of tomorrow is what seems to be our today. Complete with its lack luster charm of an outdated home surrounded by posh estates with rolling lawns, stands today. Depending on the season of our lives, it can take on the position of a valley full of dry deserted conditions where no trees would dare to grow, nor fruitful vines could be found. It stretches long in a winding restlessness with no end in site. There is however, a river that flows through this today with a quiet movement of song-less birds, yet refreshing none-the-less. Never deep enough to overtake us, though on sight it would seem so, this river stands to refresh what man can not and reflect light from above to shine in our fading eyes. It is the only place of solace in our today.

Often times, I find myself wandering alongside this river listening for the sound that will carry me deeper into its chest. Bone weary and full of pain, I stand alone on the edge of the bank and look for one small ripple in an otherwise subdued existence. When it occurs, I take it as my sign to make my way into its arms and baptize my thirsty soul. It is a private moment, one full of tender care and safe abandonment. I search for no one in this place because this place is all I need. Many times I stretch myself out and lay back into my rivers arms and allow it to pull me deep within its blues, its greens, its murky hues until I can sink no more. And there I lay, fully submerged, crying tears in a river that I helped to fill in this my today. And without a doubt, never any doubt...I hear my Savior speak...


No comments:

Post a Comment